Cuvée Hommage Brut Grand Cru Chouilly R & L Legras
|Grapes||Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Pinot Meunier|
This new and limited release from the brilliant Legras house is a blend of just 2 vintages - 70% coming from 2007 and the remaining 30% from 2009. Made today by Julien in 'hommage' to his grandfather; the idea is to emulate the style of champagne he was making, many years ago (right down to the hand tied cork restraint and the lack of foil!) It has a very low dosage and the result is just 4g of sugar per litre. As you would expect this is bright, dry and driven. A hugely impressive mineral core pushes firmly through this magnificent wine - long, textured and powerfully pure your palate is left begging for more as soon as you put the glass down. Tasting at the winery there were sadly no shellfish on hand, but I can only imagine what a great pairing this would be, very sophisticated stuff and totally delicious. L&S (Dec 2014)
*Case Price: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
R & L Legras
One of our earliest champagne grower signings the fabulous Legras family make supremely elegant Champagnes based on the top class Chardonnays from the village of Chouilly, at the start of the Côte des Blancs, just outside Épernay. All their wines are 'Blanc de Blancs' - with no Pinot Noir or Pinot Meunier. (Except the rosé,of course!). Well known and highly respected in France it is used by a surprising number of Parisian restaurants as 'house' champagne, including the Tour d'Argent.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS